Applications of Energy Principles for Educators: From the Source to the Consumer
The class is currently in session. Please check back for future webinars.
Upon successful completion, 1 professional education credit will be awarded by Boise State. Fees associated with the credit will be paid for by CEERI. Registration deadline: December 29, 2012.
Saturday, January 12, 2013, 8-9AM: Intro webinar
- course overview, requirements and expectations
- assign pre-homework for Intro to Energy and Electricity webinar Jan 26
Saturday, January 26, 2013, 8-9:30AM: Intro to Energy and Electricity
Saturday, February 9, 8-9:30AM: Traditional Energy Sources
Saturday, February 23, 8-9:30AM: Alternative Energy Sources
Saturday, March 9, 8-9:30AM: Residential Energy Consumption
- must have completed pre-homework
- topic introduction
- lesson plan overview
- activity demonstration
- question/answer session
Participants will complete supplemental activities and participate in an on-line discussion board for the remainder of the semester. The course will conclude on Friday, May 17, 2013.
Course Completion Requirements:
- Intro webinar (1hr)
- Four, 1.5hr webinars (6hrs total)
- Pre-homework for each webinar (1hr/webinar, 4hrs total)
- Participate in an online discussion board throughout the semester (1hr)
- Complete supplemental activities (3hrs total, see break-up below)
- Incorporate a lesson plan/activity presented in the webinar into your classroom and provide written feedback (a rubric will be provided) (1hr)
- Write-up an extension activity for one of the topics presented (classroom time not required) (1hr)
- Choose one of the above two options for a third topic presented (1hr)
- TOTAL 15 hours
Click here to return to Extended Studies’ Professional Education Workshops listings.
Questions? Contact SandyCardon@BoiseState.edu